JTB: Change of Address

Image result for keep going MILES 597


In a rare moment of reflection….. I am taking a day to look back and say HOLY WOW girl!  Look how FREAKING FAR you have come….. look how truly amazing you have done…. remember that girl who could do a little ballet…. the one who joined the track team twice… but quit the second it got hard…. No thank you hard… I am just going to avoid that whole part of life…. Easy Street for me please!

Image result for you are awesomeDo you see that girl…. because I can't even remember what she looked like…. All I see is a girl who can not only DO, but teach any wicked cool lift in the gym…. do some amazing flexibility tricks….run marathons…..all while working and taking care of 3 amazing kids…. and I do it…. all….by….my….self.
Yesterday, after our run….. one of my awesome running friends asked… what were you guys doing like 9s?  And he was being supportive and encouraging and telling us how GOOD that was…...And my stomach dropped and I was SO disappointed in me… 9s……I had a great refreshing, relaxing, wonderful, fantastic long run…. and I was embarrassed to have done so poorly…..  it wasn't until later that day I remembered just 3 years ago…. I never paid attention to time….. a long run in the 10:somethings that didn't leave me really sore was great…. if I just kept running…. and getting a 9:30something…. killed me….. and then I thought.... YES! I was doing 9s today!  And it feels SO good to be able to do that with ease…… Pat on the back….. you have come SO FAR!

Excuse me if I take a moment to appreciate me!  I am not self centered….. far from it…. often, the pressure I put on myself is immense…. most would crumble beneath the weight of it all….. but I do this because I know the one person I never want to disappoint…. the one person I want to be proud and happy and satisfied…… is my toughest critic…. the only person I do not want to let down….. is ME…. and my expectations are high…. because I know my potential….. and I won't settle for less than excellence.  And I am learning… that the quest for excellence…. is a never ending journey….. and sometimes….. along the way…. instead of focusing on failure or short comings….. it is essential to pause and see how far I have traveled down this road.  And to be truly happy and completely proud of who I am what I have accomplished.

Image result for keep goingIt is slow going….. the journey….. one mile at a time…. one protein shake….one weight room session….one apple….one good night of sleep….. one moment of regret….one missed goal….one victory……all adding up…. to get to that place….. and I am not even sure where that is….. but right now I would like to think I will find it in Boston… someday….someway….. but until then….. one mile at a time….. moving closer to where I want to be….. every step has value….. every effort has purpose…. only standing still could stop me now….. and today….. right now….. I am so ecstatic and thankful with where I am and where I am going.   Easy Street may be an eternity away…. but I hear Victory Lane is a much better place to reside!
Image result for you can do it

Image result for you are awesome











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just hit.... pause

One Year Epilogue

Sometimes the best plan... is...no plan