JTB: BQ or WBQ

Miles 0 

OF ALL THE CRZAY NEUROTIC CAN WE JUST ADD AN EXTRA MILE NUMBERS TO END MY YEAR WITH! 1199miles.  That is about the worst thing ever when you are neurotic and crazy…. remembering I have 2 injuries in this number and countless mile attempts I did not add in…. 1199 it is….


Two weeks ago … ..OMG it's cold.  And the thing is, it's not even cold…. 45 is pretty good for an Indiana December…. but I hate to run in the cold…. it's dreary and overcast and by the time I get out there….. it will be dark.  AND I will be running alone. I want to stay home.  This is treadmill weather…… my treadmill is so warm and inviting…. BUT if I fall to the cold…. there is NO WAY I will ever rise to the occasion this spring…. and the goals are too big….. they require more than I have ever done before….. to accomplish my new goals I will have to repeatedly work outside of my comfort zone… and right now that comfort zone is getting out in weather I hate….. if I spend all winter on my treadmill, I will not only lose fitness…. I will lose time…. valuable training time.   UGH.  Toughen up it's going to be a rough few months…..!

SO thankful for the new issue of team shirts that are out tonight!  I mean runners will do a lot for a tshirt…. so just imagine a special winter special color team logo winter running top!  I think it is what is getting me out of the house….. well… and the B word….. UGH that stupid B word.  It all seems near impossible now….. although somehow…… i know it can be done……. it must be done.  Once you blog it….. it's kind of a given… you can't really rescind the blog…. oh hey remember that blog about Boston…. oh yeah JK JK…. I really got you on that one…. hahahahahaha just a joke!  Totally kidding!  AH THAT was a good one…. let's just try to run a marathon or something…… no.  i don't think that would work.  And I don't think I like the expression I am picturing on my coach and team mates faces when I say…. OH gee I was JOKING… I don't want to get a BQ… I just want to run a marathon and watch OTHERS get a BQ…. you know… kinda see how they do it… THAT'S what I meant when I said I want to BQ…. I want to WBQ  WATCH BOSTON QUALIFIERS.


OHHH KAYYYY then about 90 minutes till I freeze my complaining freezing slow because I don't want to do it butt off…… CAN"T WAIT.  Thank goodness for that shirt.


It hasn't gotten much better… running in the dark, by myself…. watching the elite's run past me…. feeling defeated…. slow… not included….it is really JUST like that… only much colder.  Today is Jan 1st, 2016 and it is the first day of a new running year…..I registered for a November marathon…. 3:42 as my time…. and that might take me YEARS, I have 11 months.  But THAT is the goal…. from this time forward…. we are Boston Bound… and somehow….someway… I will get there…. I just have too!  It is 2016 and I am ready to die!  HA…. Last year was amazing and difficult, the journey became one of finding myself, accepting limitations,  and ultimately coming to terms with what I could and could not do and who I really needed to be competing against…. armed with all of that knowledge and the support of my family, friends, and racing group… I am ready to hit 2016 running!









So, with the holiday's over… cookies can't be my favorite food….. trying creatine…. never used that before…. I have really been loving apples with cookie butter……! And lime yogurt with frozen cherries….. YUM

I think my main focus is still deadlifts, squats, added the leg sled…. 2016 winter strength goals would be…. get stronger!

Current
squat 95
deadlift 125
sled 70……this is my hardest!

a ripped back, abs and arms would be cool too!  Bulking season and all……

Comments

  1. I got 1201 miles last year! BEAT YOU!!! (ha ha ha!) Nice year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I just hit.... pause

One Year Epilogue

Sometimes the best plan... is...no plan