JTB: Why is it still raining...

MILES YEAR TO DATE 1602

Didn't we already do this marathon thing.... wait what... It is happening AGAIN? In 3 weeks you say? FML.  I thought we did that whole calm before the storm, I thought we did the storm, and.... when does the sun come out....???? FML. I need rest.... I need time... I FREAKING NEED TO RUN MY RACE.

Ahhhhh I am enjoying the life of a single woman on this RAINY Sunday( is that kind of an oxymoron? because it's actually the current situation!) afternoon.... seriously it really is raining.... and I am pretty happy.... my 8th marathon behind me... my disaster of a relationship.. behind me... endless opportunity in front of me.... but all of that aside.... I am running another marathon. In 3 weeks!

Yeah, I can't quite believe it myself.... that is actually WAY harder than a break up! Break ups are easy.... you lay on the couch and eat ice cream... or go out and drink with friends.... but... instead of all of that... I am lacing up my shoes to try again.  Like literally right now, I am lacing up my shoes....

So what exactly happened in Chicago.... I am not sure.... my foot hurt... the crowd hurt.... mile 17 HURT, the heat hurt.... and by mile 20 I was a full 20 minutes off pace from my training runs.... and that worked out well because I only needed to comprehend 1 number at that point in the race when I was completely losing my mind and decided.... lets put this in the bag as 20 mile training run #3.  And took the rest of the race off..... until right at mile 22..... mid walk.... thinking I would get to the finish.... tomorrow.... my baby girl texts me.... she can't wait to see me finish..... AHHHHH after 2 miles of strolling at a 20 min pace,  my body felt pretty good, and I dug deep....thought about how painful child birth was... and had my second best 5k stretch of the day.  And I finished.  And fell to the ground and iced my foot.  And I knew marathon number 9 was going to happen WAY sooner that I thought....



So with 3 weeks to prepare.... I am going to hot yoga.... eating all of the healthy food.... trying to get my run enthusiasm back up.... preparing.... just waiting here in the eye of the storm.... I know that after this 26.2... I can rest.... I can heal.... both my body and my heart... and I am filled with the knowledge that success is really about trying over and over again until you get it right.... that is the journey... the effort and the giving it your best shot... in all things..... in life.... we try and we fail many many times.... to succeed..... that is the beauty in it all... that we keep trying because we are so driven to succeed.  And then, when we finally reach that goal... we set a new goal... and we begin again..... working towards and embracing our eminent success.

 I think today will be 5 miles and hot yoga........and soup!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just hit.... pause

One Year Epilogue

Sometimes the best plan... is...no plan