Heading upward and onward means saying good bye

This year I dropped my oldest off at college, started a new job, and competed in 3 national lifting meets.  It seems like the pandemic was another lifetime, but I still feel the effects every time I head into yet another place I " haven't been to in years".  When I reluctantly leave my house on the weekends... when I realize how little I socialize.  In reality 2023 has been an amazing year.  I think the most valuable lesson I have learned over the last 5 years is how important it is to be ok with letting go and saying goodbye.  How important it is to cherish the people you love and the good times....so when they end, you can let go with out feeling like you missed a second.  So that when you say goodbye, you do so knowing you were all in, you lived every moment you enjoyed the time you had until it ended.  

I miss my Dad everyday.  Lately I miss my little babies... running around the house... I miss the magic... I miss the laughter and the love.  It is quiet these days.  And while I love the sound of solitude and alone time.... I miss times gone by.  Not in sad way, but in a joyful, thankful for the memories kind of way.  How are my kids so grown up. 

I remember thinking potty training 3 childern was the hardest thing I would ever do. It's actually teaching them how to drive with out having a heart attack that is the hardest thing to do... no - wait- it is waving good bye as you board a plane and leave your child a world away for college - in Europe.... it is experienceing your children feel the pain of a break up, a loss, or realizing how the pandemic effected their life..... it is all hard.  But nothing worth having is ever easy. 

The highlights of 2023 have been:  Landing the job of my dreams.... after having the opportunity to work part time and raise my children. Watching my baby win a whole Cross Country race with over 300 girls.... seeing her make the state team... my son playing in Rio fest in Madrid, Lisbon, and Portigal.  And my oldest finishing her first semester in college in the Netherlands.... 2.5 more years to go! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just hit.... pause

One Year Epilogue

Sometimes the best plan... is...no plan