JTG: Inches to Miles


Miles 403(notice that hasn't changed in 2 freaking days.)

8:45am and I am in hot yoga. Stretching and lengthening and praying for magic leg repair. Maybe it will just stretch itself to healed. Sounds reasonable. I don't even push, no left leg stress… I actually lunge when we work the left side no weight on my left leg…. stretching my leg into the 90 degree heat of the room. Being compassionate and hoping for the best. No. It still hurts. Day 1… no run It's not just no running, it is no cardio…. If I have any hope of enjoying a summer of outdoor running I have to be patient and back off. Like ALL week. A full 7 days.

I haven't run in 2 days. And it still hurts. Sadly nothing else hurts… My body is fine after 13.1 miles… I know that sounds crazy…. but with my first half being in 2001…I am physically and mentally trained to do this. 13.1 is actually ok. It is not hard to run. It is hard to run fast… it is hard to run hurt… but when I just run… it is quite enjoyable. I am a good runner. I am not a good racer…. AH.. maybe we have something. No running, no boxing class, no hiit class, no leg work at all. None.

 Talking to a friend today about success…. what is success….. what is failure…..to me I failed on saturday. To her, I succeeded in staying in a race my mind and my heart was not in…. to her I ran 13 miles…. she tells me that is amazing. I want to think that. I want to believe that in a world where everything has always come easy to me…. that I fell in love with something that was a challenge… that didn't come easy…. that I have to work really REALLY REALLY hard for….. that I will prevail.. I just need to figure out what that means.

 Today an anole arrived at our house. SERIOUSLY. Can someone please wake me up…. I am positive that when I was a little girl playing with my dolls and doing ballet I never imagined I would be limping around injured from a race because I was a……runner with a new baby anole for a pet…..I mean this doesn't even sound like a bad comedy… what am I going to do with an anole…. I guess since I am not spending all of my time running…. I can figure it out.

 Distance or time distance or time…. I can not do both….. I do not know why….. Anoles eat crickets… in case you are wondering… I have to feed this thing LIVE crickets. The anole and I will have a lot to talk about… sitting at home together all week. Her name is "Inch". I wonder what Inch thinks about running…. Inch looks pretty fast. When you are limping everyone looks fast. Can I just go back to being the healthy leader of the medium pack? I think I want that back now. Yep. All good. Lets do that. Inch will understand… she has no choice… she is stuck with me. Today I sent 2 emails. 1 to my coach pulling out of the Geist half. I just don't see any possible way I will be recovered enough to do something I can be proud of in this race… 2.. to the race staff asking if I could defer to next year or change the distance to a 5k or a 10k. I think I need to focus on smaller races and building confidence and strength…. this all sounds so familiar….  inch by inch, step by step, mile by mile… I have to believe I will get there…..

Food: I can't seem to eat enough salad.  Or drink enough water.  Craving it.  Almonds almonds almonds please!

Workout:  Hot yoga…. slow flow 1 hr
30 minutes light upper body

NO RUNNING


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just hit.... pause

One Year Epilogue

Sometimes the best plan... is...no plan