JTG: 3 Rs…Rest Recover RUN
MILES 107
The weekend! Perfect. I intend to do nothing nothing NOTHING. Except eat my girl scout cookies and drink coffee and stay in my pjs and watch romantic comedies. In bed. Reality check. Oh yeah, the weekend. Healthy cooking, games, practice, actual time to train…… the weekend. Catching up on my mt everest of laundry and cleaning something because everything needs to be cleaned every second of every day. And I think my kids ate all of the girl scout cookies.
I am in desperate need of a cheeseburger I think. And a milkshake AND fries AND onion rings….. The world inside my head is amazing! A world in which I am running 3 minutes miles with a cheeseburger in one hand and an ice cream cone in the other…. kind of like chariots of fire music playing….chariots of food…. as I run with a huge smile taking that slow motion bite of this massive bacon double with extra cheese and brake the finish line tape and jump into the air relishing the victory and taking a giant bite of my vanilla soft serve butterscotch dipped cone from DQ…. because in dreams…. those still exist.
Yesterday I did the full body massage thing. WOW. and it included my knee, and my knee is pain free. completely can keep it bent and stretch it out what pain…. free! OK I credit massages…. they are pretty awesome! Yesterday my youngest daughter raced me to the car and won… it was unexpected…. my hands were full… I said… you can' t beat me in running! Running is my thing…. she said, " Running can be your thing, but winning is my thing." I WANT her confidence…. win loss or tie it doesn't matter when it is over…. because in her mind every time she does something … she does it for the win…. and nothing else matters… not the past and not the future… just this moment…. this win.

Today I told the running coach about my knee. WHY haven't I done this yet…. oh because I feel like I am making excuses for my poor performance effort. I feel less than… I am no longer a halflete…. I am like a 10%lete. Maybe not even that. I might be back to regular human status….. It is devastating to pull back on my training. Yep. It is that bad that I can't see past getting through today and resting… will I make it…. can I just take the day off… I feel like an addict or something…. WHY would I do something that hurts…. WHY can't I stop myself… these are very interesting questions. Running makes me happy like nothing I can explain.
I like the feel of my body in motion, the feel of pushing…. the difficulty of synchronizing my breath and my heart and my body…… I like listening to music and letting my mind coast….. I like how I feel when I am finished. It is just a perfect amazing this is what I was made for feeling.
I ran yesterday. Just 4 miles. 4 miles of awesome. Worth every bit of pain I felt from mile 3 -4…. Walking up to the track, remembering the winters I had spent running that track…. enjoying the feeling of being off of the dread mil…. I have turned into a basement treadmill hermit this winter…. It was all just a very nice feeling…. asking me to rest from that…. it's like really hard. TODAY I WILL REST. I will do nothing. I will do laundry. I will make healthy food. I will prepare for the week. I will recharge my body. I will rest my knee. WHY is resting so hard. OK if you are reading this and you can run… add 1 mile for me! Run my miles when I can not. And let me know how it goes…. I am at about an 8:15 these days. but not this day. I will get back to you on how that goes!
SUNDAY
It really was a cheeseburger in paradise! I was talking to some of my running comrades and apparently we were all in need of a cheeseburger fix! Good to hear! After a full day of rest…. I am ready to head out in this 56 degree weather….. AHHHH all this time off the dreadmil… what is my hermit world coming to…. Time to coffee up and head out into the street…. aka my training field… my gym…my perfect place….
5 miles… 8:24 pace, knee pain around mile 1.5… not bad….. 2 hours post run and it's basically gone…. I have been reading oranges are the best food for recovery… who knew. Eating oranges daily!
Favorite weekend work out
REST
Weekend Food
Cheeseburger
Oranges
Plain greek yogurt with almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes
The weekend! Perfect. I intend to do nothing nothing NOTHING. Except eat my girl scout cookies and drink coffee and stay in my pjs and watch romantic comedies. In bed. Reality check. Oh yeah, the weekend. Healthy cooking, games, practice, actual time to train…… the weekend. Catching up on my mt everest of laundry and cleaning something because everything needs to be cleaned every second of every day. And I think my kids ate all of the girl scout cookies.
I am in desperate need of a cheeseburger I think. And a milkshake AND fries AND onion rings….. The world inside my head is amazing! A world in which I am running 3 minutes miles with a cheeseburger in one hand and an ice cream cone in the other…. kind of like chariots of fire music playing….chariots of food…. as I run with a huge smile taking that slow motion bite of this massive bacon double with extra cheese and brake the finish line tape and jump into the air relishing the victory and taking a giant bite of my vanilla soft serve butterscotch dipped cone from DQ…. because in dreams…. those still exist.Yesterday I did the full body massage thing. WOW. and it included my knee, and my knee is pain free. completely can keep it bent and stretch it out what pain…. free! OK I credit massages…. they are pretty awesome! Yesterday my youngest daughter raced me to the car and won… it was unexpected…. my hands were full… I said… you can' t beat me in running! Running is my thing…. she said, " Running can be your thing, but winning is my thing." I WANT her confidence…. win loss or tie it doesn't matter when it is over…. because in her mind every time she does something … she does it for the win…. and nothing else matters… not the past and not the future… just this moment…. this win.

Today I told the running coach about my knee. WHY haven't I done this yet…. oh because I feel like I am making excuses for my poor performance effort. I feel less than… I am no longer a halflete…. I am like a 10%lete. Maybe not even that. I might be back to regular human status….. It is devastating to pull back on my training. Yep. It is that bad that I can't see past getting through today and resting… will I make it…. can I just take the day off… I feel like an addict or something…. WHY would I do something that hurts…. WHY can't I stop myself… these are very interesting questions. Running makes me happy like nothing I can explain.
I like the feel of my body in motion, the feel of pushing…. the difficulty of synchronizing my breath and my heart and my body…… I like listening to music and letting my mind coast….. I like how I feel when I am finished. It is just a perfect amazing this is what I was made for feeling.
I ran yesterday. Just 4 miles. 4 miles of awesome. Worth every bit of pain I felt from mile 3 -4…. Walking up to the track, remembering the winters I had spent running that track…. enjoying the feeling of being off of the dread mil…. I have turned into a basement treadmill hermit this winter…. It was all just a very nice feeling…. asking me to rest from that…. it's like really hard. TODAY I WILL REST. I will do nothing. I will do laundry. I will make healthy food. I will prepare for the week. I will recharge my body. I will rest my knee. WHY is resting so hard. OK if you are reading this and you can run… add 1 mile for me! Run my miles when I can not. And let me know how it goes…. I am at about an 8:15 these days. but not this day. I will get back to you on how that goes!
SUNDAY
It really was a cheeseburger in paradise! I was talking to some of my running comrades and apparently we were all in need of a cheeseburger fix! Good to hear! After a full day of rest…. I am ready to head out in this 56 degree weather….. AHHHH all this time off the dreadmil… what is my hermit world coming to…. Time to coffee up and head out into the street…. aka my training field… my gym…my perfect place….
5 miles… 8:24 pace, knee pain around mile 1.5… not bad….. 2 hours post run and it's basically gone…. I have been reading oranges are the best food for recovery… who knew. Eating oranges daily!
Favorite weekend work out
REST
Weekend Food
Cheeseburger
Oranges
Plain greek yogurt with almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes

Comments
Post a Comment