JTG: Mondays
MILES 127
I am feeling kind of defeated today. After my 20th cup of coffee. I am so tired. I am tired of my knee hurting. I think to think back on each season… always some minor injury…. there was the calf muscle ripping away from my bone… there was the hip flexor issues…. hmmm last spring the only issue was me not eating…. and then my hamstring in the fall… now this pesky knee thing…. was it like this in my 20s…. sometimes I am not really aware of how long I have been doing this. ….. how long has it been. I seems like I have been running for so long that it is kind of my identity. Who would I be if I wasn't a runner…. surely this is incorrect…. I mean I do other stuff…. right…??? Stuff that doesn't revolve around running……I need to check my running log….
It is on the days that you don't want to do something, that you need it the most.
Maybe just a slow treadmill jog. Maybe some hill intervals…. it is like a monday funk and it's tuesday. And I have a race on SAT.
Mid run, manic monday comes on….. the play list really is everything…. and I almost laughed thinking that is about right…. and for some reason it reminded me of the movie flashdance. OMG! THAT MOVIE. THAT was like my favorite movie as a kid. About the dancer…. named Alexandra….I loved that movie…. the dancer who was really good, but lacked formal training….and she worked odd jobs and there was that guy and they were from two different worlds and it could never work….. but through dedication, hard work and courage…she over came it all getting accepted into the big ballet school and even landed the against all odds guy at the very end!!! SIGH…. So of course…. I download that song right away. That song about believing and having it all…. and just like that…. I am over it….my knee hurts a little…. but my run was good…. and while I fear a disappointing spring I will be dedicated, work hard, and have courage….. I mean if you have all that…. you can't really lose. And while it might not change my life and make all my dreams come true it will feel great all the same! And who knows….. one of the greatest things about life is…. anything can happen! And I could definitely rock that off the shoulder shirt and leg warmers look!
Bootcamp
UGH crazy intervals cardio/strength UGH
Run
3 miles
Smoothie
banana
mango
cherry
coconut flakes
coconut milk
water
PS THAT quote about being a distance runner…. that is my favorite quote about running…..EVER
I am feeling kind of defeated today. After my 20th cup of coffee. I am so tired. I am tired of my knee hurting. I think to think back on each season… always some minor injury…. there was the calf muscle ripping away from my bone… there was the hip flexor issues…. hmmm last spring the only issue was me not eating…. and then my hamstring in the fall… now this pesky knee thing…. was it like this in my 20s…. sometimes I am not really aware of how long I have been doing this. ….. how long has it been. I seems like I have been running for so long that it is kind of my identity. Who would I be if I wasn't a runner…. surely this is incorrect…. I mean I do other stuff…. right…??? Stuff that doesn't revolve around running……I need to check my running log….It is on the days that you don't want to do something, that you need it the most.
Maybe just a slow treadmill jog. Maybe some hill intervals…. it is like a monday funk and it's tuesday. And I have a race on SAT.
Mid run, manic monday comes on….. the play list really is everything…. and I almost laughed thinking that is about right…. and for some reason it reminded me of the movie flashdance. OMG! THAT MOVIE. THAT was like my favorite movie as a kid. About the dancer…. named Alexandra….I loved that movie…. the dancer who was really good, but lacked formal training….and she worked odd jobs and there was that guy and they were from two different worlds and it could never work….. but through dedication, hard work and courage…she over came it all getting accepted into the big ballet school and even landed the against all odds guy at the very end!!! SIGH…. So of course…. I download that song right away. That song about believing and having it all…. and just like that…. I am over it….my knee hurts a little…. but my run was good…. and while I fear a disappointing spring I will be dedicated, work hard, and have courage….. I mean if you have all that…. you can't really lose. And while it might not change my life and make all my dreams come true it will feel great all the same! And who knows….. one of the greatest things about life is…. anything can happen! And I could definitely rock that off the shoulder shirt and leg warmers look! Bootcamp
UGH crazy intervals cardio/strength UGH
Run
3 miles
Smoothie
banana
mango
cherry
coconut flakes
coconut milk
water
PS THAT quote about being a distance runner…. that is my favorite quote about running…..EVER


Comments
Post a Comment