JTG: Roadblocks

MILES: SAME AS LAST TIME BECAUSE MY KNEE STILL HURTS
FRUSTRATED is that feeling of your knee STILL HURTING and not being able to run anything over a 9 minute mile and sprints make it hurt and it is not bad but it is just enough to say back off OR ELSE. ANNOYED is that feeling of having to listen to my stupid, weak, ridiculous, irritating, frustrating knee that just doesn't want to get with the program here. MY GOALS are TOO BIG for this CRAP.
So I am drinking my favorite coffee…. it is so good I hide it so no one that comes over ever has a chance at seeing it…. it's the starbucks cinnamon dolce coffee and it is REALLY hard to find. Plus I need the anti oxidants. SNAP that reminds me…. I need to take my krill oil pill and some other supplement I am trying. As a general rule I hate taking supplements, unless it is a protein shake or a quest bar.

So here we are with less than 15 days from my next race and 3.5 month out from Geist and my non cooperative very selfish and stubborn knee refuses to subside and stop hurting. I might need a full week off of running. I surely will lose every ounce of sanity I have. What will I tell the running coach…. sorry coach I am a weak little b#tch and I can't run for awhile…. yes I do want to get better but my knee doesn't seem to be on the same page as my goals. I'll have a talk with it, right away. GEEZUS isn't there an app for this!?!?!
In other news…. there is no other news. I can't run more than 3 miles on my knee and I am freaking out. Maybe I could have a knee transplant. A knee is pretty important… I don't know why we don't have nice new knee transplant surgeries… Maybe I could get a knee replacement and ask for a knee that is about as healthy as an 18 year old male track runner that hasn't over trained… actually, give me two of those…. they do that right….RIGHT …. WHY NOT?!? I really need a good long run…. it's getting to me already. It has been about 20 hours since my 7 miler yesterday.
That's it. That's today. I kNEED to rest. F#CK. One giant step backward. and not even a fast step…. a really slow, I need to sit down…. be real careful, don't want to hurt my knee, old lady baby coming through here, coming through backwards…. to sit down and be lethargic while the rest of the world keeps running and improving and I sit here watching…. getting worse every second step. THAT is what it feels like to not be able to run. And I think…… THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I will run my 1:49 at Geist. Sometimes there is a detour in the road. Just because I am off the path, doesn't mean I have to change direction. I can do this. Maybe the real strength is being able to hold back and let my knee get better…. my body is after all the foundation on which every run is built… that foundation must be solid. Running is hard…really hard. So hard most people chose not to do it…... and most people will not believe this, but when you are a runner…..resting….time off…..recovery…... is harder. Workout
Bootcamp class…. varied weights…. low weight high reps…. light cardio 1hr
Yoga 1hr
FOOD
Oatmeal!!!
Fajitas without the tortilla…. chicken peppers onion and cheese….YUM
Trying krill Oil…… rumor has it this is good for joints…. and I desperately Kneed that right now!!!
CoQ10….. good for your heart…. I hear….
AND my latest find!!! Cacao nibs…. I put them in smoothies, oatmeal or eat them plain. They taste like chocolate…. they are high in magnesium fiber potassium and zinc.. they have 0 sugars…. AND protein
Comments
Post a Comment