Journey to Greatness: Cheeseburger in Paradise
Miles 23WORK OUT
1 Mile
10 lunges w/ 20pds weights
10 pull ups
1Mile
10 lunges w/ 20pds weights
10 pull ups
1 Mile
10 lunges w/ 20pds weights
10 pull ups
100 bicycle abs
100 toe tap abs
100 low flutter kicks
Favorite exercise: LUNGES (i love to hate lunges….they are a MUST)
Post work out smoothie
1 cup coconut water
banana
cup of mango, pineapple, cherries mixed
1/4 coconut milk
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut chips
Sometimes, you just need to eat a cheeseburger, with your daughter…..after dance class! It is saturday morning. I woke up late. DARN IT! Flew out of bed and quickly got ready for my daughter's dance class. Clothes and coffee for me. Quick blueberry muffin for her…..OH WAIT. Breakfast is one of my NYR(new years resolutions)….right…. ok almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes in a bag….GO
After practice and before more practice my daughter asks….. "Can we get a cheeseburger for lunch!?" SIGH….. oh I really don't want a cheeseburger……. I don't want a delicious, amazing, mouth watering, fattening cheeseburger. But I also want to teach my children that everything is ok, in moderation. I want them to see me enjoying everything about life…… and given the fact that she will have about 3 hours of practice today….a cheeseburger it is! SO. I give in. And we go to the GOOD burger place….. no 350 calorie fast food burger for us…. OH NO. Give me the gourmet 5000 calorie burger with extra bacon and lard sauce so thick it sticks to the roof of my mouth and I can feel it with my tongue. We like THOSE burgers….. I mean, if you are going to do it. Do it right. But a small ice water with that please…. I am a health nut….. smile smile smile. And we have a great time… snarfing burgers and laughing and talking and ok… yes I am human. Sometimes I eat burgers and ice cream and PIZZA and wings….. WOW I might just be a nut.
So we race around all day…. I plan my work out and how I will fit it in…. I have been thinking about my NYR not to step on the scale. It is getting to me already. I really want to weigh in. But I am holding strong….. and my scale need a new battery…. some hard to find battery…. HOLDING strong! Paying attention to how my clothes fit and to how I feel…. 10 days down…..354 to go. I've so got this! I may not make it…. can't remember the last time I was on a scale…think I was 118….. I want muscle though. Strong lean muscular legs to carry me in my races….I do NOT care about a number on the scale. It is just a number. Nothing more. It means nothing. A number and nothing more. A number like my age or a race time…. hmmmmm a number like a race time….. I wonder…… how important is a number. It is nothing and everything all at the same time.

NEXT RACE: FEB 21

Comments
Post a Comment