Journey to Greatness: SLEEP…. you can't have dreams without it!


MILES 31
Tuesday… I wake up at 4am…. already I want to take a nap…tomorrow….wait today….wait what?! I work at 5:30am(which is really to early to be alive) get kids ready for school, work out, back to work, buy paint for the school and drop it off…..gymnastics….homeowork…....dinner…..argue with a friend about my lack of TIME…..more homework….bolg….shower….. bed soon….I HOPE! What did you not see in my day….. that three letter word that I am trying so hard to focus on…… the one that asks…..are you in….R.U.N.  the one that says……obviously not today……

Today I remembered breakfast!  YAY ME!!!!  1/2 cup steel cut plain oats, 1 apple cup up, blueberries. coconut and coconut milk all baked together in the oven. Sometimes I do not know how I fit my day into my day.  And I am really noticing that I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night.  ….UGH.

Even though I am REALLY tired I am going on about my day just fine.  Well, a few pots of coffee and some starbucks….who needs sleep anyway!  We have had a lot of snow days and delays and I am excited to get back to my bootcamp class with all of my friends….. finding a class….going with consistency and building a relationship with the other people in that class is critical for success.  I am convinced of that.  Today we did a really cool class called Death by Medicine Ball!  and sprints sprints sprints.  Think I won 1 out of 6.  Well that sucked.  Not grouchy about this. NOT AT ALL.

I feel kind of uninspired today.  Nothing really big happened.  Kind of an uneventful day.  I also feel like so many people are struggling out there…. with really big issues.   And I am selfishly wrapped up in running races…. as if nothing else exists around me.  And yet, I honestly feel so deeply for those I know who are suffering or sad or going through something I may or may not understand.  I want to give love and kindness, because I feel like if you give this to others, it will be reflected back to you…. How do I do that???  And yet my mind is swirling with thoughts because I have to figure out how to get my miles in, work my job, take care of my kids, volunteer at the school…….OMG I am in charge of building the set for the school play…..take care of the house….. take care of me…. a shower would be SO nice!   Or a hair brush….. a what??? Thankfully runners wear pony tails!

Today my goals seem so far away I don't even remember them. I might need to review my blog…..Tomorrow is another day and right now I am so tired.  4am is SO early.  I am still a runner.  Even though I didn't really run today.  My knee is SO happy with me right now.  And I remind myself that it is ok to rest.  In our rest state is where we have our biggest gains….. are those gains in pounds I wonder….. NO. In performance.  I know this.  I teach this.  But does it apply to me?  I really don't think I am going to get faster resting, bouncing balls, losing sprints, and blogging about it…….UGH I am so tired…… note to self. SLEEP MORE.  MORE SLEEP.  I think it is time for bed….. but darn it first I need a shower.  I don't think I got any better at running
today…..what if I got worse…..

Aristotle said "everything in nature seeks to achieve the highest degree or perfection of which it is capable"….. I mean how long did he estimate that would take….. I can't find that anywhere………maybe it's under my pillow….. maybe I need to sleep on it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I just hit.... pause

One Year Epilogue

Sometimes the best plan... is...no plan