JTG: The X miles
MILES 70
THE WEEKEND
Tweaky knee…. I have sought out the advice of 3
people. None of them my DR of course. Dr’s as a general rule don't
like knee and hip pain from runners. They see it as a sign that we are
weakening our joints and should cut back on running. True story…. all of
it. I understand that running will take it's toll on my body. I
also understand that not running will take it's toll on my mind…. and that a
sedentary life will also damage my body…..so it is kind of a toss up…..kind of a game….how many miles can I run until my body gives up and I have to take up the sport of crawling or body dragging…. it's an equation I am sure…. I have x miles to go before it's over….. I hope my x is a really really REALLY high almost infinite number….
It is true that I love to run…. love it so much
that it makes all of the hard stuff worth it…. if I haven't already said it….
some things about running really suck! Getting up early to inflict
torture upon your body when all you really want to do is stay snuggled in your
soft warm bed with your blankie….. having injuries…..missing
parities…lunches….shopping….friend time… because you have to run OR because you
are passed out on your couch with a pizza unable to move because of your run ….freezing
at the start line for like 45 minutes waiting for a race to start…. running 18
miles when you do not want to move…..all of that sucks! And I do it all….. for
the feeling of the finish…. “I did it…. I ran X miles and finished X race”………..
peanut butter coconut vanilla protein shake YUM
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup coconut water
2 tbs powdered peanut butter(PB2)
1 cup water
XXXLungesXXX…. but step ups are PERFECT!
THE WEEKEND
Tweaky knee…. I have sought out the advice of 3
people. None of them my DR of course. Dr’s as a general rule don't
like knee and hip pain from runners. They see it as a sign that we are
weakening our joints and should cut back on running. True story…. all of
it. I understand that running will take it's toll on my body. I
also understand that not running will take it's toll on my mind…. and that a
sedentary life will also damage my body…..so it is kind of a toss up…..kind of a game….how many miles can I run until my body gives up and I have to take up the sport of crawling or body dragging…. it's an equation I am sure…. I have x miles to go before it's over….. I hope my x is a really really REALLY high almost infinite number….
All 3 of my advisors tell me to back off…. My ultra
running friend… kind of my running guru…. reminded me of other options… the
bike…..the elliptical…. oh yes….why hadn't I thought of these…… So, I ride the
bike…. an air dyne that has sat in my corner for so long I almost forgot it wasn't a decoration(the thing I bought so I could still train while injured) ….
for 12 miles…. because I want to make absolutely, no doubt about it, sure I hit my 3 running miles….. seriously….
my treadmill is looking at me from the corner….. "hey there…. what about me…. I
thought I was your favorite….I thought we were friends"….and I am pedaling
miserably wondering how long this is going to last……hoping my treadmill knows my serious feelings of love and devotion are still for running….3 bike miles equals 1 running mile….I am told…. so 12 should be good…. runner's don't do math while running…. it's like your brain shuts down…..its all about X miles to run… no in between no calculations…. just X miles at X pace…..
BM/3=RM. I am not really sure…. it's all kind of a mystery….
BM/3=RM. I am not really sure…. it's all kind of a mystery….
2 days….. my efforts to not run lasted 2 days.
Sunday…. I am ready to try that 10 miles…. of course I think…it's so
simple….. just need to go slow….take it easy…. so off we go…..10 miles.
YAY listening to my body(not at all)!
As runners we are trained to do one thing above all
else… block out discomfort and pain and keep going. Keep going no matter
what…. sometimes when I am up in the teen miles my body becomes so numb I can
hardly feel anything…. that is how we train our mind…. keep going….embrace the pain…. What
pain?
It is true that I love to run…. love it so much
that it makes all of the hard stuff worth it…. if I haven't already said it….
some things about running really suck! Getting up early to inflict
torture upon your body when all you really want to do is stay snuggled in your
soft warm bed with your blankie….. having injuries…..missing
parities…lunches….shopping….friend time… because you have to run OR because you
are passed out on your couch with a pizza unable to move because of your run ….freezing
at the start line for like 45 minutes waiting for a race to start…. running 18
miles when you do not want to move…..all of that sucks! And I do it all….. for
the feeling of the finish…. “I did it…. I ran X miles and finished X race”………..
You see ….there is no greater feeling than
finishing 20 miles…. you feel invincible….. un breakable…. and often times
during training it feels like every run breaks you a little bit more…. until
you are so broken there is nothing left to brake…. and then….. if it's a good
run/good race…. your wandering mind will ponder….. am I just that broken that
there is nothing left to brake
…. OR is it the opposite….AM I just so unbelievably strong and determined and capable that there was never a chance I would break. That feeling when you cross the finish….. or complete a hard run…. it is the best feeling ever….. you only know if you have done it….. and it is hard…. it is not fun…. it is grueling….. but it is often at the greatest personal cost and sacrifice that we realize the greatest rewards…..
…. OR is it the opposite….AM I just so unbelievably strong and determined and capable that there was never a chance I would break. That feeling when you cross the finish….. or complete a hard run…. it is the best feeling ever….. you only know if you have done it….. and it is hard…. it is not fun…. it is grueling….. but it is often at the greatest personal cost and sacrifice that we realize the greatest rewards…..
peanut butter coconut vanilla protein shake YUM
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup coconut water
2 tbs powdered peanut butter(PB2)
1 cup water
XXXLungesXXX…. but step ups are PERFECT!
Comments
Post a Comment