
It is 6:15. 1 hout and 15 minutes from start. And I am not nearly as freaked out as I usually am. I have in my head that today is my baseline. Today I will learn what I have improved upon and what I still need to work towards to prepare me for my race in May. Just knowing that, helps me breathe easy. Today I see the benefits of my strength training, my healthy eating, and my miles after miles of consistent dedicated training. It is my baseline. The only person I have to worry about today is me. So, I am signing off this blog right now to go out and get my time. I am almost ready. Deep breath, slow my heart at the start…. zen like calamity focus. Leg check, gut check, lung check…. can you move your legs….are you puking….can you still breathe…. then keep going. Do I have "this"? I don't know…I have something…. but that something will only be discovered along that 5 mile path to finish…… it is go time. And I hesitantly find my inner voice and say…..I am ready…. whatever that means.
Please just let me do something that will make me proud. I really have worked hard…. maybe not the hardest…… but hard…. and hard work………talent…….
work hard. Race harder. Ok. Totally freaked out!
Comments
Post a Comment